Gabby's Birthday

Today is my daughter's birthday. She's two. But if you ask her, she'll tell you "FOUR!" and insist on that no matter how much I say two. It's become a game she plays with me. I say: "Gabby how old are you?" "FOUR!" "No Baby, say 'two..'" "FOUR!...giggle."



I guess it's not a big deal, except there I am talking to my daughter who is claiming to be twice her real age. Oh boy. Does it start this soon?



I'm reading a book by Meg Meeker MD," Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters - 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know. " I am now officially freaked out. I have but 18 years to influence this impressionable young creature into becoming a well adjusted, independent and confident young lady. 2 years down, 16 to go. Just how quick is 16 years....Well, I just went to my 10th year college reunion, and I swear I feel like I just graduated.



Good news is, so far so good. She's "wicked smart" and a total music fanatic, a requirement in our house. Today we brought her to look at her new preschool she'll start next week. She loved it and didn't want to leave. She won't be one of those kids who cries a whole lot when daddy drops her off. She'll say bye, turn around, and start commanding the play room.



I can't believe two years ago she was this cherub that I could hold with just my hand and forearm. So much happiness packaged in such a small body, it just grows and grows exponentially every year. I can't imagine what the future holds, but whatever happens, I know that the love will continue to grow.



Happy Birthday to my little Gabriela. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts